If you or someone you know is addicted to prescription drugs and needs help there are resources available.
- The Georgia Department of Behavioral Health and Developmental Disabilities www.dbhdd.georgia.gov
- The Georgia Crisis and Access Line: (800) 715-4225 or visit www.mygcal.com
- The Substance Abuse Mental Health Services Administration (SAMHSA) – www.samhsa.gov . (NOTE: SAMHSA has a treatment locator to help find treatment anywhere in the U.S. visit http://www.samhsa.gov/treatment/index.aspx to locate a facility near you-)
- The Parents360 Rx Action Toolkit is a new community education resource that can be used by professionals from law enforcement, prevention and treatment, as well as by any concerned adults who want to share information about medicine abuse with their friends, family, neighbors and organizations to which they belong. http://pact360.org/programs/parents360rx
- The Smart Moves Smart Choices School Tool Kit enables middle schools and high schools to raise awareness of teen prescription (Rx) drug abuse through school assemblies, lesson plans, and year-round activities. http://www.smartmovessmartchoices.org/school-tool-kit